Leading on from George Anderson’s new role as Senior Driver Trainer, Montgomery Transport Group has restructured how the driver training team is organized.
The driver trainer team is now organized into regions across the country, instead of working by Company depot. There is team of seven, with six trainers across the country and one senior trainer. The team will help to meet the training needs of 390+ drivers annually.
Within the Preston depot, there will be 3 trainers to cover the north of England, two in the Glengormley depot to cover Ireland and Scotland and one in Oldbury to cover southern England depots. These areas will cover Montgomery Transport, Montgomery Tank Services and Montgomery Distribution.
The main tasks that will be covered by the driver training team include:
- Assessing and inducting new drivers
- Delivering CPC courses – held in house and monitored by the DVSA and JAUPT; the increase in driver trainers will increase the scope for the availability to run courses throughout the year
- Monitoring the DVSA Earned Recognition Schemes’ KPIs
- Six monthly driving audits
- Toolbox talks
- Holding and maintaining comprehensive driver records
- Improving upon MPG averages
- Reducing vehicle accidents ad incidents
- Improving driver mannerisms / approach
- Control of the EU driving hours and the Working Time Directive
- Increasing driver knowledge through the six monthly audits
- Coaching of the Drivecam in vehicles – a large investment by the Group to increase the safety for all.
This new structure will be implemented from 16/07/18.