Montgomery Transport is an equal opportunities employer. This means that we will make good faith efforts to comply with the spirit and letter of the equality laws. We will promote a good and harmonious working environment in which our employees are treated with dignity and respect; we will not discriminate unlawfully against or harass any person on any grounds.
We also endeavour to ensure that our workplace and our employment policies and practices are not unreasonable, exclude or disadvantage those of our job applicants or any employees. To this end we will comply with the duty to make reasonable adjustments that is required of us in relation to such persons. We note that a failure to comply with that duty would be an act of unlawful discrimination.
We have an internal grievance procedure to deal with complaints and we would encourage aggrieved employees to use it. All complaints will be dealt with seriously, promptly and confidentially.
All our employees must comply with this policy, treat each other with dignity and respect, should discourage discrimination and harassment by making it clear they find such behaviour unacceptable and must not themselves commit any acts of unlawful discrimination or harassment against any other person, such as their co-workers, our job applicants or our customers. Such behaviour will not be permitted or condoned. We will treat it as misconduct which may warrant dismissal from employment.
Any employee who is aware of any incident of discrimination and harassment should alert a manager or supervisor to enable us to deal with it.
We will continually make good faith efforts to implement this policy. This responsibility will be carried out by the HR Manager. We will:
- Provide all employees and managers with a copy of this policy and explain it to them.
- Ensure that all complaints of discrimination or harassment are dealt with promptly, seriously and confidentially and in accordance with our internal grievance procedure.
- Set a good example by treating employees with fairness, dignity and respect.
- Be alert to unacceptable behaviour and will take appropriate action to stop it
- Monitor all incidents of discrimination and harassment and review the effectiveness of this policy periodically.